"FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD ,THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."
JOHN 3:16

You have GOT to read MckMama's post on the Truth about Easter - I so wish I could write like that!
Being sick, having 2 kids sick and a husband who is out of town sure makes Easter a little different. The meaning the same, the "celebration" a bit different.
We haven't gone to any of the church services offered - although I do have Rick Warren's Easter service on Tivo and will watch that later.
My sweet next door neighbor, Cathy, called last night and said she'll be delivering a ham dinner to us today!
Easter baskets were given to the kids in buckets - just more useful that a basket in my opinion! Both got new Color Wonder books & markers, a small chocolate bunny, a stuffed lamb, sidewalk chalk and these really cool eggs that you put in water - within 48 hours they are supposed to hatch & a chick appears! I'll post updates on our eggs!
JOHN 3:16

You have GOT to read MckMama's post on the Truth about Easter - I so wish I could write like that!
Being sick, having 2 kids sick and a husband who is out of town sure makes Easter a little different. The meaning the same, the "celebration" a bit different.
We haven't gone to any of the church services offered - although I do have Rick Warren's Easter service on Tivo and will watch that later.
My sweet next door neighbor, Cathy, called last night and said she'll be delivering a ham dinner to us today!
Easter baskets were given to the kids in buckets - just more useful that a basket in my opinion! Both got new Color Wonder books & markers, a small chocolate bunny, a stuffed lamb, sidewalk chalk and these really cool eggs that you put in water - within 48 hours they are supposed to hatch & a chick appears! I'll post updates on our eggs!
5:00 PM - the chicks are hatching! The chicks are hatching!
The Easter Egg Hunt happened this morning, kids in the pj's, eggs hidden equally in both their rooms. I could only find 18 eggs from last year - so they each got 9!
And dyeing eggs...well, that's still to come...as soon as I feel like it. I will admit that my patience level is about a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 - being sick and wanting to do nothing but sleep, with two whiney sick kids is um.....no fun! I am trudging through as I am determined to make memories with my kids.
Daddy called right before his class today and we all got to talk to him!
It's 10am right now and my kids have eaten breakfast, had a few bited of a chocolate bunny and are now devouring jelly beans. Both have pretty bad colds and I'm sure a tummy ache is headed their way.
Here's a few pics of our morning....

"look what I've found!"

"Mommy, I really don't feel good"....

smiling on cue.....(is that a pool cue? que? Ugg...spelling is just not my thing!)

Mackenzie just informed me that she's had enough jelly beans....
Off to put on Veggie Tales: An Easter Carol and go sneak into the bathtub.....maybe THEN we'll dye eggs. Maybe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woo - I'm back! Amazing what a bath will do! My head still does feel like it's going to explode BUT at least I smell pretty!
We did our eggs - glitter ones & tye dyed too! Fun!!! Although Jonas DOES need to learn the art of dropping them GENTLY into the cup! Can you say lots of poladotted clothes!
We did them on the floor - figured it was safer than worring about where the dye was going AND who was falling off of what...
Patiently waiting for the first eggs to change colors....

Ta da!

Shaking the tye-dye on...

All done!
And dyeing eggs...well, that's still to come...as soon as I feel like it. I will admit that my patience level is about a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 - being sick and wanting to do nothing but sleep, with two whiney sick kids is um.....no fun! I am trudging through as I am determined to make memories with my kids.
Daddy called right before his class today and we all got to talk to him!
It's 10am right now and my kids have eaten breakfast, had a few bited of a chocolate bunny and are now devouring jelly beans. Both have pretty bad colds and I'm sure a tummy ache is headed their way.
Here's a few pics of our morning....
"look what I've found!"
"Mommy, I really don't feel good"....
smiling on cue.....(is that a pool cue? que? Ugg...spelling is just not my thing!)
Mackenzie just informed me that she's had enough jelly beans....
Off to put on Veggie Tales: An Easter Carol and go sneak into the bathtub.....maybe THEN we'll dye eggs. Maybe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woo - I'm back! Amazing what a bath will do! My head still does feel like it's going to explode BUT at least I smell pretty!
We did our eggs - glitter ones & tye dyed too! Fun!!! Although Jonas DOES need to learn the art of dropping them GENTLY into the cup! Can you say lots of poladotted clothes!
We did them on the floor - figured it was safer than worring about where the dye was going AND who was falling off of what...
Patiently waiting for the first eggs to change colors....
Ta da!
Shaking the tye-dye on...
All done!















Looks like you made it a fun filled day for the kiddos despite you all feeling crummy. Get better soon!
ReplyDelete