
Funny how as the years go by some "holidays" just aren't a big deal anymore. I remember that I used to love this day, now it's just really no big deal. Yesterday and this morning the kids have been making "Valentine's" for everyone - we're doing it old school - we bought nothing - I've just been cutting up construction paper and they have been decorating them. I do want to teach my kids that you don;t have to buy things for every occasion - things are even more special when they are handmade! At least I think so! And with JT being unemployed still, it really works! Speaking of JT - he has had his background check and is filling out all the paper work to reapply for his Contractor's License. He had his license back when we first met and then let it go after working for American Asphalt for so long. I think he's really excited about doing his own thing again and he is so talented! He even did some plumbing yesterday on a bathroom remodel he's doing. He can do anything!
So - our day so far:





















I'd loved this post as I read what you wrote (so true!) and saw the heart shape drawn in the snow and the pancakes but then there was even a special greeting to my very own Valentine, thanks!
ReplyDeleteAwww...Valentine's Day will never just be Valentine's Day to me anymore!!! I love your little Mads!!!♥
ReplyDelete