that's the title of a book I've been reading - for a long time it seems. I'm not much of a book reader but love to take baths and do take a book with me. The book is by Sandi Patti and also says "Uncovering and Celebrating God's Original Idea of You" on the cover. It has been so good and she has such great insight. I saw Sandi Patty last year at the Woman of Faith convention in Anaheim...she touched my soul when she spoke. And layers...I have many of them, inside an out. I'm a little more than ¾ of the way thru the book and feel it's really helping me see my internal layers that I put on to protect myself and helping me find ways to slowly and gently peel them back. Some I didn't really know I had and she uses great examples to explain them all. I think that as I shed my internal layers, the external one will be easier to get rid of as well. Here's the book:
I highly recommend it!
Also - was thinking today - I'd like to apologize for my punctuation - the past & the future. I used to be such a perfectionist (before my two little ones) and now, it's just not a big deal. I'm good at leaving off an "s" here & there, putting a semicolon rather than a apostrophe and transposing letters are all very common for me - so, um....that's me...deal with it! Ha!!!
Anyways - today is a much better day - the kids are still being kids but the great thing I found is that many of my friends are dealing with the same thing. I belong to a private website with 10 other of my mommy friends - we were all pregnant together online - those kids have all just turned 2 or are about to and many of us have kids about the same age as Mackenzie. Seems they are all going thru the "fighting with each other" stage. What a relief that it's not just mine! And, speaking of those friends, they are all amazing and I am so blessed to have them in my life. One of the husbands used to call us his wife's "invisible friends" but that is no longer true. Last summer, 8 of us, along with our kids all met in Missouri and spent a weekend together. It was an amazing weekend & so comfortable - it was not like a first meeting as we all knew each other pretty deeply by them and never had to have the "in person" insecurities get in the way. There are 3 that were not able to make the trip and my goal is to someday meet them as well. Here's a pic of us all - 8 mamas & 14 kids!
So - that's me & 7 of my very best friends! Some days I don;t know what I'd do without them!















No comments:
Post a Comment