Not only do I try to find new ways of going green, I also love to buy handmade things! I use wool dryer balls in my dryer, rather than dryer sheets or the plastic balls. I love to buy handmade clothing for the kids - or even if it's not handmade, I am very good at making outfits last longer - like if Jonas' pants get too short - I have a cuff of cute fabric sewn on the bottom to make them longer and I must say - way cuter! Right now I am trying to replace all Mackenzie's play kitchen food from the plastic to all felt or crochet. She has some but I've been working on some trades for more! Jonas has wooden cars - handmade - not store bought - they both have little animal friends that are handmade. We use handmade all purpose cleaner, laundry soap, lotions, bar soap, lip balm, bubble bath, hair detangler, eczema cream, diaper rash cream, shaving cream...hmmm..what else? I'm sure there's more and if not, I'll find some! Ooo- most of Jonas' diapers are made by stay at home moms (WAHMS) rather than coming from big companies.
I think the handmade thing is just more special - less chemicals touching our skin and wayyyyy less "Made in China" stuff around this house.
I'm working on blanket #2 today and will be done in a couple hours with the sewing...so off I go!
Have a blessed Saturday!
17 hours ago













No comments:
Post a Comment