Welcome to our little world!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to update daily to give you a little peek into our lives. We are so blessed and look forward to sharing a little piece of us....

I find so much peace in the fact that Jesus NEVER changes - He is ALWAYS the same & He loves each and every one of us unconditionally and more than we can even imagine!

You can pause the music if you just don't feel like listening to it and you can click on any picture to see it larger!

Ooo - and excuse the typos - it's just not me to care if I spell or punctuate right! Ha!!!

Ask me about this months specials!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturday morning cartoons....

I know it's Sunday but just had to write about this today! I remember growing up and Saturday morning cartoons were always something that I looked forward to. Times have changed a lot since then, yet, most of those cartoons I loved are still on. Yes, shows like Sylvester & Tweety, the Flintstones, Scooby Doo, etc. are still on - I just don't put them on for my kiddos. I don't remember thinking about all the violence in them back then but I do now. Around Christmas I went to a church event for Children's Ministries with Mackenzie - it was movie night. Dr. Suess How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Charlie Brown's Christmas were on - funny how I squirmed listening to Lucy call people "blockheads" and hearing the word "stupid". I did take it as a great teaching opportunity! Name calling is not something my little ones have been exposed to unless it's a term of endearment.

Mackenzie and Jonas now watch things like: Sesame Street (which I did too), Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny....but I have to share with you all - their very favorite show right now is God Rocks. It's a show I stumbled upon through some "junk mail" that arrived at our home. It plays every Saturday morning (at 9am PST) on TBN and we have every episode that has been shown on Tivo. It's kind of cheesy but always has a super good message.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I had to chuckle at what you said about the Charlie Brown specials: that you "squirmed listening to Lucy call people blockheads and hearing the word stupid." I feel the exact same way, even though we love all the Charlie Brown specials! It's really funny how being a parent changes your perspective on everything. :)

    ReplyDelete