Welcome to our little world!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to update daily to give you a little peek into our lives. We are so blessed and look forward to sharing a little piece of us....

I find so much peace in the fact that Jesus NEVER changes - He is ALWAYS the same & He loves each and every one of us unconditionally and more than we can even imagine!

You can pause the music if you just don't feel like listening to it and you can click on any picture to see it larger!

Ooo - and excuse the typos - it's just not me to care if I spell or punctuate right! Ha!!!

Ask me about this months specials!

Friday, March 27, 2009

a night of worship AND flashback friday

We went to an amazing concert last night with our good friends James and Peggy, and their daughter Katie. I have no idea how many the arena held, but the place was packed - to the point of them asking everyone to scoot in to make room for more people. The concert was only $10 and doors opened at 6. We ended up on the upper level but I have to say there was not a bad seat in the house. The show was opened by Addison Road, who's lead singer, Jenny, waddled out at 8 months pregnant. Next was 10th Avenue North, followed by Hawk Nelson. All were amazing! Then came Jeremy Camp and last, Mercy Me. The music was incredible but to me what was more incredible was being in an arena with that many people all worshiping our God. I was amazed at the number of young kids there with their arms raised, singing as loud as they can. Across the isle from us was a dad who looked like he was there with his daughter and her friend. I got such a kick out of watching him. At one moment, he seemed to be falling asleep, the next, he would break out with some silly dance. One thing that really stuck with me was what the lead singer of Mercy Me said - he said "None of us have the answers for you and none of our songs can change your life" which stunned me, as I was thinking - "oh yes your songs can!" but then he went on and added "but we know WHO can!". I had chills up and down my spine several times throughout the night and was on my feet for most of the night.


And guess what - silly me forgot my camera. Uggg! Luckily, I did have my call phone (which is currently locked up in the bedroom with a still sleeping husband) and Katie took pics too. So, just as soon as I can, I will add some pics.

Peggy & I in the truck on the way to the concert



Addison Road


Jeremy Camp


Mercy Me



Katie & the lead songer of 10th Avenue North


Me and the love of my life♥


This was my first full blown Christian concert (other than venues at the county fair and Women of Faith) and loved every minute. I cracked up at one point when the arens was dark & everyone was holding up their opened cell phones. Hello? When did we go from lighters to cell phones? Yes, I guess I am showing my age. Ha! And...they took an offering toward the end of the show to help keep "The Rock and Worship Roadshow" on the road whicle keeping the prices the same. I don't like to think of my self as a sceptic, but hello....passing around a bucket filled with money with that many people and not an usher at the end of every isle? Yes, an arena full of Christians, but hello! Ha! Just typing that made me laugh! Yes, why not trust an arena full of Christians! And...if someone did happen to slip their hand in the bucket...I guess they must really need it. And...God WAS watching.

The night of worship was not FOR Him, it was BECAUSE of Him.♥
Happy Birthday Brandon - you're 19 today!
Here's you on your 1st.

Ooo- and I almost forgot...its Flashback Friday!!!!

Any idea who these two are?

No comments:

Post a Comment