Welcome to our little world!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to update daily to give you a little peek into our lives. We are so blessed and look forward to sharing a little piece of us....

I find so much peace in the fact that Jesus NEVER changes - He is ALWAYS the same & He loves each and every one of us unconditionally and more than we can even imagine!

You can pause the music if you just don't feel like listening to it and you can click on any picture to see it larger!

Ooo - and excuse the typos - it's just not me to care if I spell or punctuate right! Ha!!!

Ask me about this months specials!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Prayers for the Magnasco family

Gosh - two posts in one day.

My mother in-law just called to tell me that Mackenzie's birthday gift should be delivered by UPS today. We also talked about other things and then she told me that a good friend of theirs died yesterday. I heard the Holy Spirit prodding me to ask who. Uggg.....John Magnasco. I am so sad. JT's parents know so many people, I usually don't know who they are talking about - but John, oh gosh, yes, I know him. Let me share.

When Brandon was in kindergarden and I was single (although JT was around a bit), we arrived home to our apartment with yellow tape up - during the day a plumber was working in an apartment connected to ours and while welding pipes, he started a fire. Burned out 4 of us.

We ended up living in a hotel for a few weeks - paid for by the insurance company.

My friend Tina lived in some cute condos and mentioned to me that a couple were available.

I got one - my landloards were John & Debbie Magnasco - this was back in 1995 or 1996 or so. And funny thing - I went to Junior High with their daughter, Dawn.

I am a bit shocked right now, as the news I just heard about 10 minutes ago.

Let me say that when I rented from them, I was not a follower of Christ, although I knew of Him, I was pretty lost. I was a single mom who supported the two if us just fine, worked hard, but also partied pretty hard.

The Magnasco's invited me to church for the Easter service and I went. I sat with them, right behind guess who.....none other than my now in-laws. Such a small world.

John & Debbie treated me more like family than a tennant and I have always just adored them. Anytime I go to San Jose I just have to go to church and my highlight is always seeing them. We have also exchanged Christmas cards for years.

John suffered a heart attack yesterday while driving. I am so sad for Debbie and their entire family.

If I was asked to name who single handedly made a huge impact on my life - their names are the ones I would give. I give credit to them both for the love & kindness they showed me and reintroducing me to the love of Christ in my young adulthood. I did continue to go to that church and actually worked in Children's Ministries there for a while. I truly don't think I would be where I am today, had it not been for them. John is someone who has left a huge impression in this world and without a doubt lived his life for Christ and bringing others to Him. I will miss him terribly.

I'm just sad. Praying for Debbie, their children, the grandchildren, the church....

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry girl, I know how hard that must be, and it's okay to cry and be sad for you and his precious family, but remember that he's with jesus and more happy than we could ever imagine!!! prayin for ya girl!

    ReplyDelete