I really like todays: (well, I really like every days)
3/6/2009 - Set standards for your children as you teach them the importance of modest dress. They should represent themselves as holy and acceptable unto God.
Jonas isn't really an issue for me with this, except I do think about the tons of graffic tees that are out there in society today, most of which I would not dare put on my child. I find it really sad to see some of the shirts that kids, even 2 year olds like my Jonas, wear. And I have to say that it's not just in the retail stores - it's huge in the WAHM community. But, to each their own - it's just not me.
Mackenzie, she loves dresses! That's really all she ever wants to wear and luckily there is no issue - yet. Everything she wears is modest. I even have her wear bloomers under her dresses is she does not have tights on. Sometimes just shopping for things for her makes me sad. So many clothing items are just adult styled clothes made smaller. Kids are exposed to things that I really don't think they should be at such an early age. Things like Hannah Montana - I don't have anything against her - I just have a problem with young girls being exposed to her so young. She's a teenager. I want Mackenzie to be more grounded in who she is as a girl before being put in the position of idolizing anyone - especially a teenage girl, unless of course it's one of our fabulous babysitters! Although I really don't want her to idolize anyone. Ever. I do have to say that I love all of our babysitters we have had - all homeschooled, all beautiful young ladies from the inside out: Emily, Taylor, Madison, Katie, Serena & Mackayla (sorry if I butchered any of the spellings & know they are not listed in any particular order). And in my eyes, they all represent themselves as holy and acceptable unto God. I pray that when Mackenzie is a teen that people are in awe of her as I am of each of those girls I named. I just love them! Their parents, especially the moms, are all my heros and all people I would go to in a heartbeat when it comes to needing help in raising my kids - yep, you: Cassie, Peggy & Marcia!
Ta-da!!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment